Inside Out Purchasing & Supply
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged by a leading company in their field to recruit an experienced M&E Buyer. This role comes with an excellent basic salary, plus car allowance and benefits package. It is essential you have Mechanical and Electrical Procurement experience.
The Role :
* Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships with key approved suppliers.
* Always challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract spend.
* Proactively drive cost reduction through effective negotiation and supplier selection
* Control the selection of suppliers the contract teams use to place purchase orders
* First point of review for new supplier requests, challenge the request, carry out credit and suitability check.
* Manage internal customer relationships with key stakeholders
* Work with the contract teams presenting supplier innovation and lifecycle cost savings where appropriate
* Implement supplier improvement programmes within the contract
* Provide a flexible responsive customer service for customer specific requests
* Work with the Commodity Leads and contract teams to develop contract specific scopes and specifications
* Maintain cost saving trackers for the contract
* influence and support the transition and implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers where possible
* Carry out preferred supplier operational reviews measuring specific KPI's on a monthly basis