Writing a Purchasing & Supply Chain specific CV
There are plenty of websites which can help you with generic CV writing skills but for Purchasing & Supply Chain specific CV’s we would advise the following;
- List the categories, commodities and services you have experience of working with.
- Detail which geographical regions you have experience of sourcing from, i.e. UK, Far East, Eastern Europe, USA.
- Include your spend, both in total and per category or commodity if possible.
- Include any cost savings you have made in either percentage or actual terms.
- Detail your experience of supplier management, particularly any under-performing suppliers.
- Explain your experience of managing tender processes and drafting commercial agreements or trading terms.
- Detail your relationship managment skills both with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- List your key achievements for each role you have undertaken, our clients frequently comment that candidates fail to do this.
The one thing we do ask is that you submit your CV as Microsoft Word document, in as simple a format as possible.
CV’s with tables, obscure fonts, images, photos and borders often look the part but they are very difficult for us and our clients to work with.