Up to £28000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged by one of the UK's leading distributors of promotional merchandise, our client is working with some of the world's largest companies, including household names such as Coca-Cola and Apple.
* Sourcing directly or indirectly the most appropriate suppliers for each brief in order to deliver the optimum combination of capability, price, lead-time and quality.
* Assist with Quality Control and Logistics (importing, customs) and liaise with the in- house logistics team to ensure on time delivery.
* Arrange and manage testing and inspections (where applicable).
* Proactively manage costs, in line with required profit margins and budgets.
* Utilise skills to negotiate best prices / payment terms / deals from suppliers.
* Work in accordance with the Company's Ethical Sourcing policies to ensure full compliance.
* Ensure that a full written documentation trail is available, in accordance with specified company procedures.
* Propose products in response to creative briefs from the sales team and our clients.
* Raise formal purchase orders and process all associated admin through our SAP order processing system.
* Manage projects within our critical path system to ensure on time delivery.
* Research, discuss and introduce new suppliers on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Experience:
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills
* Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of European and Far East shipping and delivery processes.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Strong IT skills with experience in using Microsoft Office and Apple Mac.
* A number of years' experience in product buying.