£25000 - £30000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit a buyer with a retail, wholesale or distribution background.
* Sourcing directly or indirectly the most appropriate suppliers for each brief in order to deliver the optimum combination of capability, price, lead-time and quality.
* Assist with Quality Control and Logistics (importing, customs) and liaise with the in- house logistics team to ensure on time delivery.
* Arrange and manage testing and inspections (where applicable).
* Proactively manage costs, in line with required profit margins and budgets.
* Utilise skills to negotiate best prices / payment terms / deals from suppliers.
* Work in accordance with the Company's Ethical Sourcing policies to ensure full compliance.
* Ensure that a full written documentation trail is available, in accordance with specified company procedures.
* Propose products in response to creative briefs from the sales team and our clients.
* Raise formal purchase orders and process all associated admin through our SAP order processing system.
* Manage projects within our critical path system to ensure on time delivery.
* Research, discuss and introduce new suppliers on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Experience:
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills
* Excellent time management and interpersonal skills..
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Strong IT skills with experience in using Microsoft Office and Apple Mac.
* A number of years' experience in product buying.