£30000 - £35000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit a Buyer who has Civil engineering, utilities, mechanical or electrical engineering experience.
* Attend project commencement meetings, take ownership from "cradle to grave" of project procurement requirements, schedules and purchase orders; ensuring specifications are correct and within tender allowances.
* Work with supply chain and negotiate to obtain competitive pricing combined with security of supply / service, considering quality, technical specification, whole life cycle costing and risk profile.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure the open and accurate exchange of information with a view to achieving a joint, pro-active approach.
* Liaise with internal customers on supply issues including planning, project management and engineering. Where supply issues are identified work with the supply chain, project managers and engineers to find alternative solutions.
* Maximise performance and value through active and effective supply chain management.
* Provide tender support for Pre-Contract/Estimating Team.
* Achieve and report procurement cost savings.
* Source new products and encourage innovation within the supply chain.
Skills and Experience of Candidate
* Experience in a Procurement role essential.
* Civil engineering/utilities/mechanical or electrical engineering experience essential
* Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with significant suppliers, internal and external customers.
* Highly organised - able to document, handle, prioritise and deal with a high volume of projects and tasks.
* Manage and prioritise own workload across multiple bids and projects.
* Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
* IT literate in MS Office.
* Full driving license.