Inside Out Purchasing & Supply
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit a Demand Planning Analyst on a 6 month temporary contract. This role supports the European Demand Planning Team by developing and maintaining Excel/Access based tools to support Demand Planning processes. Advanced Excel knowledge is a must have for this role.
* Simplification and automation of the monthly forecasting process by defining standard templates to be used by all countries to input their data and developing a central database to integrate all templates, in order to prepare the data for upload into Manugistics and SAP in a redefined format and with minimal manual steps.
* Automation of the generation of Demand Planning performance metrics - Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias and Volume-Value alignment, by integrating data from SAP, Manugistics, Business Warehouse tools and Legacy Databases. Development of root cause analysis processes to capture and analyse underlying causes of performance deviations.
* Development of an excel based Forecast analysis tool that records and analyses the variances of the forecasts month on month and quarter on quarter at the brand and customer level.
* Development of tools to support the S&OP process, enabling the generation of a rolling 12 month forward view of the forecast vs the financial plan and a backward current-year view of the forecast vs the actuals.
* Development of Demand Planning Tool enhancements for easy management of activities to be added on top of baseline forecasts with their related assumptions, in aligned with the timings of brand and customer plans.
Qualifications, knowledge, training or experience:
* Advanced Excel skills including integration of spreadsheets with other data sources (i.e. Access Databases)
* Programming/System development skills (i.e. macros/visual basic) to ensure usability and easy maintenance of tools.
* Desirable: An understanding of forecasting/business planning processes in the Consumer Goods Industry.