Up to £28000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing and Supply has been engaged to recruit a Buyer for a well known brand/company. This role is being offered on a 3 month fixed term contract with a view to going permanent.
Some purchasing experience in retail or corporate merchandising required, particularly Far East purchasing would be advantageous.
Ideally has worked with FMCG companies and sourcing products for this environment.
Working knowledge of margin management.
Previous product development experience required.
* To ensure that the sales teams are provided with the most appropriate items based on price, quality and delivery time whilst taking into consideration both the company and the customer interests.
* To identify and develop off shore sourcing opportunities.
* To support and work alongside the purchasing manager through various tasks including product development.
* Assortment responsibilities include researching, analyzing, planning, documenting, communicating and implementation.
* Supports purchasing team in working with vendors to source new and innovative products and fabrics while following brand guidelines.
* Assist in managing product assortments to suit relevant markets for assigned programmes providing rationale for product selection and appropriate item documents for client presentations.
* Works with suppliers on pricing negotiation, leadtime, and product validity for the term of any assigned program.
* Works in accordance with ethical sourcing policies and keeps up-to-date with new and developing international sourcing organizations.