Up to £55000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit Procurement Consultant on a 9 month fixed term contract.
The Role :
To provide key support for: contract/supplier management; application of best practice procurement disciplines; emphasis on application of Supplier due diligence controls and Supplier risk assessment with Supplier Relationship Management to ensure the professional and cost effective acquisition of indirect goods and services for internal customers.
* Provide procurement guidance & best practices to the business in engagement of RFP bids to market, establishing teamwork of subject matter experts bought together to conduct market bids and new direction.
* Demonstrate a sound knowledge of commercial contracts and practical legal understanding in assessment of contract terms.
* Deliver best total value propositions to the business in support of savings goals, at acceptable managed risk.
* Where necessary, engage in supplier site visits for potential and existing suppliers to assess supplier capabilities and suitability.
* Provide procurement expertise to the business in the areas of Supplier risk and relationship management (SRM).
* Demonstrate professional purchasing capability including proficiency at identifying and managing best value suppliers
* Review commercial contract terms and highlighting of onerous requirements and risk aspects. Be able to discuss and negotiate on terms with suppliers and liaison with internal Legal partners to determine acceptable working terms.
* Act as centre of excellence for internal users to provide support for major supplier/service tenders and projects.
* Provide specialist buying expertise, particularly in the area of systems / digital environments; use of supporting data and cost analysis and assessment of customer requirements.
* Supplier contract management oversight; timely renewal of contract provisions, supplier relationship management, supplier performance management.
* Contribute to strategic procurement activity through provision of support for major supplier/service tenders and projects