East Sussex, England
Up to £50000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit an experienced Production/Supply Planning manager for a leading Manufacturing business. This role comes with excellent benefits including Bonus and car allowance.
The Role :
1. Directs and coordinates activities of employees engaged in purchasing, production planning, stores and logistics, and the handling of raw materials, equipment, and supplies by performing them personally or through subordinate employees.
2. Manages daily scheduling activities of the planning group and takes the lead in decision making on changes affecting material inventory and lead times.
3. Develops, implements, and monitors comprehensive inventory controls, and shipping and receiving policies.
4. Manages effective procedures and policies to ensure accuracy of BOM's, Routings, and master data.
5. Develops inventory management programs with existing and new vendor base to minimize raw material inventory levels.
6. Monitors and manages the interaction between supply, logistics, and operations.
* Bachelor Degree in Business, Materials Management or similar field, or suitable equivalent experience.
* Materials Management (CPIM) or Purchasing (C.P.M. or CIPS) certification.
* Ability to interact/collaborate with upper management and within a team environment.
* Competency in working in SAP or similar ERP with strong knowledge of MRP and other Materials Management techniques.
* Strong overall technology usage skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite and, especially, advanced Excel skills.
* Understanding of KANBAN, JIT, consignment; understanding of material planning, ERP and business objects reports