Up to £55000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply
Inside Out Purchasing and Supply has been engaged by a leading manufacturing company to recruit an experienced Production Planning Manager. Experience of a fast paced industry such as pharma or fmcg would be highly desirable.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Ensure executable site production plan is maintained maximizing client satisfaction and business performance. Escalate any risks to the plan and lead/ coordinate resolution as required.
Provide leadership and direction in Planning and Vendor scheduling to support the site meeting its objectives.
Develop systems and procedures to continually improve vendor scheduling and planning operations on site.
1. Ensure KPI targets are met.
2. Set objectives, KPI targets and perform regular performance reviews for the Planners and Vendor Schedulers.
3. Delivery development plans in line with business need for all direct reports
4. Provide input into Customer Supply Agreements to ensure customer needs are balanced vs. site limitations and monitor for exceptions.
5. Liaise with Sales and Technical project leads to ensure that the appropriate resources, plant and warehouse capacity and material availability are considered at the relevant time fences.
6. Update and maintain documented supply chain procedures and process maps.
7. Lead continuous improvement efforts and implement best practice in supply chain planning and vendor scheduling.
8. Ensure that all personal actions are carried out to appropriate regulatory standards
9. Support Sales & Operations Planning process embedded on site that meets Customer and Corporate objectives with KPIs established to drive continuous improvement.
10. Ensure SAP data accuracy is maintained to support business delivery
11. Provide accurate and timely reporting as required by the business
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Degree (or equivalent) in a Business, Engineering or Science (APICS/IPICS) discipline.
A minimum of 5 years regulated industry experience in supply chain and/or operations.
The ability to lead a team through enabling and empowering its members.
A detailed understanding of the principles of MRP.
High level of competency in SAP for purchasing and planning.
A high level of competency in Microsoft Office.
An effective communicator with an obvious "can do" attitude.
Demonstrated excellence in customer service.