£50000 - £65000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit a Procurement Manager for a leading construction company. You will have a strong knowledge of Housebuilding and specification management, the ability to understand drawings, contracts & sub-contracts. You will be a great communicator and self-motivated as well as being a capable negotiator having proven experience of improving contract terms. You will be skilled at managing meetings, addressing issues and delivering satisfactory conclusions for all parties. Proven experience in the management of project schedules, deliverables (time & cost) and demonstrable experience in breaking down contract packages and tendering individual sections of a trade.
The main responsibilities of this role are
* Market Analysis/Intelligence -Analysis of basic data, business presentations, and the ability to draw conclusions or recommendations both at bid and delivery stage
* Selection of Suppliers - Business based comparison (commercial/operational/value) to generate shortlist and recommend approach
* Negotiation of terms & price against targets - Conclude terms/SLA and report saving/loss on project by project basis. Maximise value by considering alternative options - product/programme whilst ensuring revenue to group is continued.
* Maximise group value by engaging group suppliers with business unit sub-contractors considering alternative options - product/programme/business opportunities
* Understand and manage supplier product and performance
* Target improvement on business value through, design improvement, standardisation, value engineering, reducing duplication of people ,materials and equipment