East London, London
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Inside Out has been engaged by a leading retail displays company to recruit an experienced Buyer to their team. Experienced within POS an advantage, but not a necessity.
The Role :
* You will be involved from the start of projects, from initial estimating through to the buying process
* Purchasing and contract negotiation, managing, monitoring and evaluating terms and conditions of supply
* Seek new and manage current suppliers, including challenging costs building relationships
* Monitoring of suppliers delivery schedules
* Developing and maintaining project budgets
* Preparation and placement of orders
* Managing supplier payment terms
* Working on regular cost savings projects
* Maintaining and managing stock levels
* Escalating potential problems before they become an issue
* Assessment of supplier performance
* Maintain good working relationships within the team and other department
* Visiting supplier sites if and when required
* Experience within buying and estimating
* Good understanding of various substrates, wood, metal, plastic
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
* Demonstrate the ability to forge and maintain relationships
* Must be a team player and work collaboratively
* Structured / process driven individual.
* Global sourcing experience an advantage.
* Project Management capabilities.
* Experience of working within an MRP/ERP environment.
* Experienced within POS an advantage, but not a necessity.