Up to £35000 per annum
Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged by a global Manufacturing/FMCG/Pharma company to recruit an experienced Supply Chain Planner. This role comes with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, great pension, healthcare, life cover and much more.
The Supply Chain Planner will have ownership for material and finished goods planning for a defined element of the supply chain, essentially combining responsibilities for MSP/MPS. The work will cover a short-term (13-week) forward-looking horizon.
You will be a key contributor to the Operating Strategy for a production supply chain to ensure that planning parameters can be aligned that will deliver key service requirements. The Supply Chain Planner will ensure that master data elements for material availability and production planning are appropriately set-up and audited in the system. They own short-term capacity planning to ensure complete visibility of upcoming requirements.
The Role :
* Contribute to creation and regular reviews of the Operating Strategy so that parameters such as MOQ, lead-time, product grouping can be set in the system to ensure line sequencing activities in the factory will deliver key service targets.
* Create and maintain material master and production planning MRP views in SAP, with regular auditing. (Confirm: MRP 1-4 and Work Scheduling views for FP's, Intermediates and Materials)
* Material call-off with suppliers.
* Provide one-week forward visibility of production requirements to Operations contacts in the factories to enable them to complete line sequencing.
* Adjust priorities as needed based on review of system exception messages, as well as risk input from DRP Planners. Communicate any production planning change requirements to the factories based on pre-aligned triggers.
* Complete short-term capacity assessment for their relevant supply chain and highlight any gaps with proposed solutions.
* Maintain close collaboration with Initiative Planners for new products coming to their supply chain, and become single-point for information on production plans and PIPO once the initiative reaches short-term horizon for production.
* Provide input and attend the daily/ weekly DDS within the Planning Hub and with Markets, as defined so that any risks are appropriately communicated according to aligned triggers.
The Person :
* Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze current inventory, planned production, and receipts to determine solutions for projected material shortages in the short term horizon.
* Communication skills are required in the role to provide direction setting and maintain effective relationships co-located and non-co-located suppliers/customers.
* Ability to perform under condensed time pressure and urgency on a daily basis. Comfortable with handling constantly changing and conflicting priorities.
* Knowledge / understanding of cause and effects for the supply chain from the impacts of daily availability choices.
* Strong aptitude for computing & technology is expected. Previous experience in SAP / other ERP applications is beneficial.
* Knowledge of the products as well as any technology / resource constraints in the production cycles for their products.